During the colder months, our skin tends to dry out and dead skin cells start to build on the surface layer. The most effective way to remove dead cells and buff away dry skin is a body scrub. Not only do body scrubs exfoliate away dull, tired skin, but they can also prevent signs of aging, deliver deep hydration, even out your skin tone to make it look and feel firmer from your neck to your toes.
Benefits of Exfoliation
Did you know that exfoliation helps your largest organ renew faster by removing the dead skin cells? This is just one of the many benefits of this simple skincare step for the face and body. Here are a few more reasons to start ASAP:
- Regular exfoliation helps ward off the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It helps your skin absorb moisture and retain it. Keeps your skin soft, smooth and glowing.
- Keep pores clean and prevents clogging; reducing and preventing acne by removing bacteria that may be on skin.
- Prevents painful, ugly ingrown hairs by removing dead skin helps the growth of the hair to reach the surface and not grow back into the skin.
- Removes toxins and increasing blood flow helps strengthen the skin tissue, improving skin tone and the health of this living tissue.
- Stimulates blood flow and the motion of exfoliating helps move toxins around the body ultimately flushing them out. Also helping the appearance of cellulite and all over glow.
How to Exfoliate
Two things are necessary to exfoliate the right way – the approach and the frequency. Excessive exfoliation can wreak havoc on the skin, so it’s important to understand what type of exfoliation is best suited for your skin type. Over-exfoliated skin will appear red, irritated and conditions such as dermatitis, acne and rosacea can become more visible. Just like in life, moderation is key.
We recommend using a body exfoliator 2 times a week and face exfoliator 1 time a week to deliver the best result. The most well-known type of exfoliators are physical formulas. You probably know them as the main ingredients in body scrubs. We use Icelandic Sea Salt in our body exfoliator. A by-product that contains high levels of magnesium and other natural minerals. It is produced using only geothermal energy to create a hydrating blend that reduces inflammation and softens the skin. Other physical exfoliators include sugar, grains and natural beads.
The second type of exfoliation is chemical or enzymatic exfoliation, where ingredients like alpha and beta-hydroxy acids, lactic acid and Vitamin A are used. They work to loosen dead skin cells and increase the regeneration process of the skin. There are some good natural ingredients like pumpkin and papaya that are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, also Vitamin C and A that help exfoliate the skin, combat acne, diminish age spots and encourage epidermal rejuvenation.
Physical Body Exfoliation
Our bestselling Icelandic Moss Salt Scrub exfoliates and removes dead skin cells, improves cellulite, regenerates and helps in smoothing the skin. It contains Icelandic mineral sea salt, handpicked Icelandic moss and a blend of nourishing and regenerative oils that will leave the skin feeling soft and energized.
Resurfacing Facial Exfoliation
Black Lava is our detoxifying and cleansing facial mask with natural clays, wildcrafted Icelandic botanicals, Vitamin C and volcanic ash. This foaming clay mask gently restores dull and tired skin with light resurfacing exfoliation to release dead skin cells and instantly reveals smoother, more luminous skin.
Explore our exfoliators for both face and body.
You’re a few clicks away from the glowing skin.
Leave a comment